Ever wondered what can happen when the chips in a mobile or a laptop can evolve? A chip is basically a circuit, which can be used to run the whole machine. Bionic chips are 11th generation chips that can handle a neural engine. Let us name one engine as A11.
The A11 is a dedicated neural network hardware that the industry calls a “Neural engine”. A11 can perform up to 600 billion operations per second used for recognize facial recognitions, upload and stream data in real time, run heuristic algorithms, perform machine learning tasks, in a more energy-efficient manner. In fact, Central Processing Units and General processing Units, namely termed as CPUs and GPUs can run on A11. General Processing Unit in AI is that part of the architecture that can control all the CPUs in the mother boards through a distance. A11 is used to connect via Wi-Fi and air with the CPUs.
Some of the novel concepts in chip design can be-
- Biochip- Biological agents can be used to design a chip. Interesting cases can build a capsule of bio chips to enter the body or a machine.
- Embedded Chip- If the chip is embedded in a architecture, it remains inbuilt. Such chips can corrupt the data when stolen or destroy the machine internally with a command.
- Biometric Chip- A chip can open to work only when machine can read the biometrics data like retina scan, finger scan, toe scan, hair texture or even facial recognition.
- Digital micro fluidic biochips- When a group of adjacent cells in micro fluidic array can be configured to work as storage, functional operations, or for transporting fluid droplets dynamically.
- Microarrays- Microarrays are not limited to DNA analysis. Protein microarrays, antibody microarrays, chemical compound microarrays can produce different biochips.
The biochip is a panel of related tests in a single sample producing a patient profile, which can be used in disease screening, diagnosis, monitoring disease progression or monitoring treatment. Performing multiple analyses simultaneously allow a significant reduction in processing time and the amount of patient’s complexity. The difference from conventional immunoassays can capture ligands on the surface of the biochip. In a sandwich assays, an enzyme-labelled anti-body is used in competitive assays an enzyme labelled antigen is used. On antibody-antigen binding a chemiluminescence reaction produces light. Detection is by a charge-coupled device (CCD) camera. The CCD camera is a sensitive and high-resolution sensor able to accurately detect and quantify very low levels of light. The test regions are located using a grid pattern then the chemiluminescence signals are analysed by imaging software to rapidly and simultaneously quantify the individual analytes. This is the novel generation biochip!