The life of a sarkari investment banker
An investment banker works for 12-16 hours a day at crunch situations. The bonus earned, depends on the deals closed. Sometimes, it is a life time bonus. The starting salary in USD terms is 120,000 USD per annum. An investment banker can work on 2-5 projects a day.
Take this as a greater opportunity. The sarkari investment banker works for 12-14 hours a day, on a normal routine. The sarkari investment banker starts with 5-6 lakhs per annum per year, without any project bonus, and solves 20-30 issues a day on an average. The project bonus is almost nil.
Here is some food for thought for sarkari investment bankers-
- Can there be a provision of a project bonus at 10% profits disbursed to the whole team?
- Can there be a provision of a project deal of 5% for the initial project seeding?
- Can there be an extra incentive for extra profits?
- Can there be a promotion transparency with a 360 degree feedback?
- Can pet projects earn a few pat on the shoulders in terms of disbursed amount?
- Can the office timings be limited from 9.30 AM to 6.30 PM?
- Can there be any open door policy during the evening of the day?
- Can there be a weight attached especially to specific development projects?
- Can there be a service norm that if an IAS/ IPS/ IRS officer serves the Indian Government for 2 years, he or she can avail a sabbatical of maximum 3 years?
- Can there be a service norm that if an IAS/ IPS/ IRS officer serves the Indian Government for 5 years, he or she can work for 5 years outside the Indian Government, and come back?
- Can there be a lateral entry of industry experts in the Government as lateral IAS/ experts?
- Can financial audits be a 2-way system for maintenance of ledger in normal book-keeping and Tally in an advanced version?
- How can whistle blowers be protected from corrupt politicians, both legally and physically?
- How can we maintain secrecy and transparency in the selection of a Chief Secretary?
- Can anyone serving for 15-20 years on a single project be eligible for an entry in the Cabinet as a secretary?
No one is eligible directly, but work ethics remain the same.